The older I get the more that I realize that life is tight rope.  The problem I believe is not walking it, the problem comes when we stand still on it.  There are a lot of issues that seem to be rolling around in my soul right now that I wrestle with.

Can you really love without an agenda and serve without motive.  Is that possible?  Is that Biblical?  Didn't Jesus have an agenda and motive?  Can you change the world without an agenda and motive?  I believe the question should be can I love without pushing my personal agenda and can I serve without it benefiting my selfish motives?  The key is who is at the center of everything that I am doing.  What is my driving force?

Would I rather be formed or found?  I heard this statement a month ago and it is really haunting me.  That question has caused me to check myself, check my motives and my agenda.  It has cause me to take a long look at not only what I do but why I do it.

I am finding that life is and will always be a tight rope.  Life is a balancing act.  You will know when it gets out of balance.  The neat thing about the tight rope of our lives is that there is a safety net.  You can make mistakes.  No one requires you to be perfect.

What are you trying to balance?

Monday, November 3, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The Tight Rope That Is My Life"