Let me start off by saying that insecurity is something that I wrestle with on a daily basis. I worry about what I look like, I worry about what people are thinking about me or saying about me. I worry if I am doing a good enough job or not. Insecurity has been an issue in my life just about all of my life. God is speaking to me lately about this issue. The problem with me is where I find my security. If I only find my security in myself, then I have every right to be insecure, but if my security is found in Him then insecurity is not an issue.

Here are some issues with insecurity...

It will keep you from doing what God has called you to do. You will have yourself convinced that you are not able to fulfill the call that is on your life. You will talk yourself out of every situation that God has called you to because you feel you are not worthy. Listen, the old saying is still true, "God does not called the equipped, He equips the called." If we could do it on our own, He would not get any of the glory.

It will keep you from having meaningful relationships. If you are constantly worried about what everyone around you thinks, you will not be able to build any authentic relationships in your life. If you are only worried about pleasing other people, then you will keep putting on different masks and acting different according to who you are hanging out with. The issue with trying to please people all the time is they become bigger than God in your life and sometimes even become God.

You loose the sense of uniqueness that God created in you. God wired each one of us as individuals. That is the neat thing about your life. When we start living as a crowd and like the crowd to please the crowd, we get away from God's plan and purpose for our lives.

You will not help facilitate other's dreams around you. You will constantly be worried about if they are going to be more popular than you, make a bigger impact than you, be more liked than you. You will never help other people reach their full potential.

Monday, November 3, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Insecurity is an Issue"