I had to write this blog and share a little piece of my life with you. As we are preparing to move, I had not finalized my job situation in Stockbridge. I wrote the blog about blind faith on Monday night and then yesterday my faith was put to the test. God closed the door on my job here in Albany and I was not prepared for the situation to play out like it did. My human instinct was to underestimate God and try to come up with plan B, C, and D, if necessary.

As I lay awake last night praying and still trying to come up with creative ways to gain employment in my new home, I realized that I had not gone to the source for my answers. God began to show me that my underestimation of Him and His plans was not "practicing what I had been preaching" about faith. In my personal fear of the unknown, God has begun to remind me of how faithful He is and how futile my plans are.

Yesterday's fear of unemployment quickly changed into today's job opportunities and interviews. Out of nowhere today, God has been reminding me of his plans. I have been overwhelmed with every phone call, text, and email requesting me to do contract work, come for an interview, or fill out an application for an opening.

If you are reading this and you are uncertain about some areas of your life, take a deep breath and force yourself to wait on God. He really is there, waiting to reveal his plans in your life. Even on the rough days, He is still faithful and working miracles on your behalf. The steps of the righteous are ordered of him, so hold your head up and put your faith to the test. I know I will remember the past 48 hours next time I underestimate the power of my God.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Underestimation"