"Never make someone your PRIORITY while allowing yourself to be their OPTION."

I borrowed this quote from a friend of mine to share a few things with you. Over the past couple of weeks, I have had several discussions about relationships, friendships, and life events with people in my life. I feel like this quote kinda sums up the main point of all my advice.

It is important to connect with people in life and we are all searching for meaningful connections. However, sometimes I think we get so zealous for companionship or a close friend, that we just lower our standards and accept relationships that are not in our best interest.

I think we all know what it is like to be the only one without a boyfriend or a girlfriend or even the only one without a real best friend (a.k.a BFF). This is usually the point when we throw our personal standards out the window and consider how to make unhealthy relationships work. We start to justify why the relationship could work, all the while knowing in our hearts it was never meant to be.

I have been exposed recently to the pain of people, whom I love, removing me from their priority list. Life gets busy and things happen, but those you love should always be a priority for you and never an option. When God sends you the right friend or companion, you won't have to wonder if you are a priority--you will know you are one!

So are there people in your life that are priorities and you are their option? Healthy, meaningful relationships should always be priorities.


-Paige

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Priorities versus Options"