Last week was "Move Week." Lots of packing, loading, cleaning, unloading, unpacking, and more cleaning. Though it wore all of us out, it was a rather smooth move. Not a lot of snags or hang ups. In between the cardboard boxes, packing tape, and other stuff, God showed me some pretty cool lessons I want to share with you guys this week.

I realized while packing that we have a lot of junk. This is not the first time we have moved. For some strange reason, every time we move, we move with more stuff. It seems to just multiply over time. And the sad thing is, they are things that we will never use. Things that we do not need. Things that are just taking up space or weighing boxes down. Things that could be thrown away and not missed.

I truly believe that each of us have things like this in our lives as well. Things that over time have just showed up. Some things we are not even sure where they came from. They are weighing us down and taking up unnecessary space. Some of us have been dragging around this excess baggage for some time now. There are things that have weighed us down long enough.

It might be time for a "spring cleaning" of the soul. Lay stuff down, let things go that have just seemed to stick with us. We might even have some emotional attachment to it, but it does not mean we have to keep it anymore. I have things in my life that I am trying to lay down today. Just when I think that I have thrown all my emotional baggage away, I find something I have forgotten.

My challenge to you today is simple, not easy. Look deep within yourself and see what you need to throw away. It might take several trips, but I believe that you will feel a lot better when you start traveling light.


Monday, October 13, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Lessons From Moving - 1"