A better Follower of Christ - There are times that I get in my routine and a rut is formed. I get stuck. I try to look for new ways to approach my relationship with Jesus so that ruts are not formed. I have to ask myself everyday if I am living a life that is worth Jesus dying for?

A better husband - I do not deserve the awesome wife that God has blessed me with. She has to put up with a lot of junk from me. Ministry can take it's toll on a minister's wife on top of just everyday things she deals with. I strive to not take her for granted and do the best I can to provide and protect her. I fall short a lot.

A better leader - Leadership is not something that comes easy or natural to me. I have to find books, podcasts, blogs, or whatever else I can find to expand my way of thinking. I want to be stretched like never before.

A better Youth Pastor - The weight and burden of the call to this generation is heavy. I have to balance motivation and burnout on a regular basis. I am constantly praying, thinking, looking for new ways to reach students with the love of Christ. What reached them last year, last month, even last week will not be good enough. This is the generation that will change the world, they deserve my best.

A better friend - God has really blessed me with some awesome people in my life and I stink at being a good friend. There are so many times that I have good intentions and horrible follow through. I am working on acting when I think. If I am thinking about someone, I need to call them then, not put it off until later.

A better me - No one else can do me like me. I have to remind myself everyday that God created me to be me. He always has the people that I look up to, read, or listen to. He does not need another one of them. He needs me to be me. I struggle a lot because I do not think I am good enough sometimes.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "I Want To Be..."

  1. Barbara says:

    Good words, we all could work with these. I can go with you until we get to the stinking at being a good friend. You are a great friend. Not a friend just for this week at camp, or this month when things are real good or real bad, you are a great friend. Day in, day out. You always care and everyone knows it. You may not say it everyday but that's not necessary because you have proven it all ready, many times over. We may not all have a place on your calendar this week, but we KNOW we are in your heart this week, and that's really what matters.