I have this fear
This fear that Christians today are turning the lost against Christianity.
 
We all have moments of hypocrisy,selfishness, anger, vengenance,and so on, but we MUST come over these things. Laying everything aside so that the light of Christ shines through us into this dark and desperate world. Many Christians walk around flaunting the name of Christ, but not really living for Him. The bride of Christ has become so concerned with becoming popular or having the coolest outreach programs that the lost are completely overlooked. It is our calling to put nothing before Christ, but instead put Him in the center of everything. Worshipping Him with everything we say, everything we do, and everything we think.
 
I am reminded of Galatians 6:14, "But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Seeking the cross with everything in us, boasting about nothing but the love of Christ is a challenge, but something we must do. Sure, awkward silences and funny looks will happen, but it is worth it. To know you have shown Christ to a lost person is way better than the weird look or jokes that tend to be made. The world doesn't understand why we seek Him, but its just "what we do." Showing the Gospel, not for prideful reasons but out of a love for Christ and others.
 
We should be completely "spent" for Christ, using all we have for His cause. As Paul writes in 2 Cor. 12: 15, "I will most gladly spend and be spent for you, If I love you more, am I to be loved less?"
 
I pray we all seek humility, boldness, and love so that we might be completely be "spent" and show the world Christ's enduring love.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Guest Blogger: Ivy Laing"