Am I the only one that feels like they are running behind in life?  It seems like I can never catch up.  Here lately, life has that feeling like I have overslept and trying to make up for the time that I have lost.  What do you do when you can not catch up?  What do you do when life becomes that crazy?  I want to share with you some of the things I try to do.  It is not a formula and it is not perfect, but it does help me.

Remember that it is not always going to be like this.  I keep telling myself that over and over.  I am almost believing it.

Decide what the most important things are in your life and take care of those things.  We have a tendency to scatter like buck shot when life gets crazy.  The important things can sometimes get over looked.

Take care of people.  When we are running, we can start focusing on things instead of people.  Remember people are the most important parts of our lives.  They will still be here when the things pass.

Breathe.  Breathe. Breathe.  You are no good to anyone dead, burnt out, wore out, or frazzled.  Breathe.  I do not care if it is two minutes or 10 minutes, find time to collect yourself.

Figure out what got you in this state and try as hard as possible to not let it happen again.  This is probably the hardest for me.  A lot of time life just feels like the merry-go-round from hell and I am not going to get off anytime soon.  Most of the time I am guilty of bringing it upon myself.

Let people help you.  God did not intend for you to do life alone.  He even said it is not good for man to be alone.  The "if I want it done right I will do it myself mentality" is what get us in trouble a lot of time.

I understand that I am preaching to myself this morning.  I am trying my hardest to stay away from these times and seasons in my life, but they happen.  

How do you handle these times or seasons?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Running Behind"