As I am training for this 5K my running days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday I am cross training on the elliptical and lifting weights. Not sure about how I will handle the weekends. Going to keep them flexible and allow one day to let my body rest. Today was day 2. I guess it will not get any easier from here huh? This is something I really want to do, and I am excited about but I have to take a moment and be honest. I am scared. What if I can not run it? What if I fail? What if? Those questions were dancing in the back on my head as I got on the treadmill at 4:45 a.m. but I ran anyways. I believe it is okay to ask yourself questions like that, but it is not okay to give into them. To let them rule your life. Let them control you. This is going to be tough, but I know it will be worth it. The juice will be worth the squeeze.


This week the couch to 5K plan has me walking a 5 minute warm up, then running 1 minute, walking 90 seconds, and then a 5 minute cool down. I then walk 15 more minutes. Today I pushed myself a little harder. I jogged/walked 3.25 miles in 45 minutes. Tomorrow is cross training and I am looking forward to it, just have to stay away from the ab machine.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Couch To 5K Week 1 Day 2"