- ► 2011 (41)
- ▼ 2010 (190)
- ► 2009 (323)
Trust is more than a word it is a lifestyle. Trust is a gift that you give to someone else. Trust is the confidence that some one will never fail you. It is not necessarily the guarantee that you will never be let down or disappointed. Trust is broken when someone on the receiving end of the gift abuses it. Once trust is broken it is hard to build back again and we struggle to give that gift to anyone else.
Pastor Steven, Pastor David, and myself spent the day Thursday in Anderson, SC for New Springs Unleash Conference. Here are some afterthoughts and quotes:
- I enjoyed spending the day with friend as much as I did the conference itself.
- "Jesus did not die on the cross for you to collect a paycheck."
- The hospitality and attitude from the volunteers at New Spring is incredible. It is hard to describe with words.
- "Somebody is going to take a risk and jump, it might as well be the church."
- Everything that was done was done with such excellence, from the set, to worship, to the lanyards, to even the information booklets.
- It was an atmosphere that is easy to dream in.
- Perry Noble laid it out real plain for us all. Some people may not agree with the style of his speaking but he is real and says what everyone is thinking.
- Being in the Youth Breakout Session was really good. Cause me to brainstorm and think about some things.
- Loved praying over my Pastor and his family at the end.
- There is no way to put on a blog what all I got out of this day.
- Can not wait for the Leadership Conference in the fall. Looking forward to hanging out with Barbara and Stephanie for the day.
Have not blogged in several weeks. I did not do this on purpose but time has not been on my side the last couple of weeks.