Yesterday while I was in gym walking on the treadmill looking out the window I saw something that caught my attention. There was a father and son walking to their car. The son looked to be holding the father's hand and then as they got closer to their car the son got a little ahead of his dad, and started to run. Then I noticed something a little different. It was the dad that was holding on to the son. As the son starting getting ahead of his father the son stumbled a little. The father picked him up, made sure he was okay, and they kept walking.

It believe that was a beautiful picture of us and God. We think sometimes that we are holding on to God but in reality it is Him that is holding on to us. Could it
be that when we stumble a little, it is because we are getting ahead of Him and He will not let us go? Could it be that His grip is so tight on us that even though we may fall down he can still pick us up? Just a thought.

My goal for today is to put my hand in God's hand and let Him guide me, not me guiding him.

Psalms 48:14, "For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end."

Saturday, October 2, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Holding On"