For years in Youth Ministry I have prayed one prayer over and over, "Lord send us the students that no one else wants." On the surface there does not seem to be anything wrong with that prayer. Some would even say that it is a prayer that God would answer and be pleased with.


Recently God has burden my heart for students that are forgotten. I do not know what that really looks like yet, but I am pretty sure I will find out soon enough. I found myself praying and dreaming about future ministry and praying, "God, send us the forgotten students." I was all of a sudden overwhelmed with conviction. Why? Wasn't that what God wanted me to pray? Then it hit. The heart for the forgotten was in the right place, but my perspective was off. My prayer should be, "God send me to the forgotten students of this area."

God did not call us to sit back and wait, He calls us to go. He sends us, He directs us. Just a thought as we start a new week. Where does God want to send you?

Monday, September 27, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Send or Sent?"