Sitting 12 hours Thursday in Anderson, SC listening to some of the greatest leaders in the church today, I had a thought.


The New Spring facility is amazing. State of the art, awesome. Not lacking anything. Every Pastors dream. This summer I visited North Point Church in Atlanta and it is the same way. There is a righteous jealousy that rises up. I would love to minister in those facilities. Then if you are not careful you start making statements like, "If I had these facilities I could do ministry like this." "This church is doing what it does because it has a building like this." I know, I made statements like this for years.

Then sitting there the other day it hit me. Long before these churches built their buildings they built a culture. A group of people that loved God and wanted to serve others. They strategically (built) molded and shaped attitudes to have a heart for people that are not following after Jesus. People that are dying and going to Hell. People that care about other people. A people that are the church not looking for a church.

The thing that hit me this morning is that long before these leaders built these buildings, long before they built these cultures, they allow God to build their hearts. That sat at the feet of Jesus and allow Him to mold and shape them how He wanted them to be. They dove into His Word and allow it to flow over their lives and in their life.

What are you and I allowing God to build in us?

Saturday, September 18, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Building"