Change is a word that I have been thinking a lot about lately. Can I be an element of change? Can I change anything? What can I change? Can anything change? Can you really stop change? All questions that run through my mind.


When I was young I really thought I could change the world. The older I have become the bigger the world seems and the smaller my passion gets. I heard someone say that a young man wants to change the world, a mature man wants to change his sphere of influence, an old man just wants to change his family, but God the whole time what to change him.

The only change that I am truly responsible for is the change that God wants to do in me. If God can make those changes then other changes will happen naturally around me. Change is something that happens naturally and is happening all the time around us.

The question I need to be asking myself is not what is it I need to change in this world, but what in me God wants to change? Be careful with that question, it can be a dangerous one.

Psalms 139:23-24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Friday, July 16, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "What Can I Change?"