John 13:14-15, "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you."


The question that keeps eating at me this morning is this: Am I willing to do for others what Christ has done for me? Can I show the same grace to people that He has shown to me, can I forgive those that have hurt me like He forgave me? Can I love people that are unloveable like He did me when I was unloveable? Can my life reflect Christ? If not, what does my life reflect?

As we read John 13, we learn that if we are going to be a Follower of Jesus Christ then we do not have many options:

John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

It doesn't matter what title I give myself, what matters most is what other people see in me. Am I or can I reflect the heart of Jesus?

Monday, July 12, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Can I?"