My Father-in-Law is one of my heroes. He has made HUGE investments in my life and in my ministry through the years. He believed in my and loved me when I was even lost. Caryl Martinez is an awesome man of God, an incredible Pastor, and a good friend. I say all of that to tell you that years ago he introduced me to a saying. "Keep the main thing the main thing." Over the years this phrase periodically has come back around and kept me in check. It is guardrails in my life, keeping me on the right path.


Keeping the main thing the main thing means:
  • Not getting ahead of God in tough situations.
  • Being a better Follower of Jesus than a Youth Pastor or Leader - not leading the Ministry of the Lord come before the Lord of the Ministry.
  • Remembering in is about Jesus changing lives, not how many people sit in seats.
  • Preaching the Gospel of Truth more than any fancy new sermon series.
  • It is about being real more than being relevant.
  • It is about being formed more than being found.
  • It is not about me at all.
This is what keeping the main thing means to me. What does that mean for you? How does that look in your life?

Sunday, December 6, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The Main Thing"