Last weekend we spent a couple days in Helen, GA at the Youth Leader's Summit with some of the most awesome Youth Pastors I know. The speaker for the weekend was Jay Mooney, one of the greatest minds in Youth Ministry today. Here are a couple of thoughts from the weekend:

  • Jay was the District Youth Director for Georgia when I first went into Youth Ministry. He was one of the first people to believe in me and I am forever grateful for the impact that he has made in my life.
  • One of the highlights of the weekend was getting to do lunch with my old friend, Tony, who I have not seen in eight or nine years.
  • I am convinced that I have some of the best friends in the world. Love spending time with them and love knowing that they always have my back.
  • Heard some of the most practical wisdom for Youth Ministry that I have heard in years.
  • Helen, GA is one of my favorite places. It is an old dying tourist town, but holds a lot of great memories for me as a kid.
  • Octoberfest started the Saturday while we were there and for a couple of hours we were trapped in Alpine hell.
  • Was reminded why I do what I do. There is not a greater passion in my life than this generation. I am convinced more than ever that this is the generation that will change the world!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Youth Leader's Summit Recap"