Are there specific callings?
youth ministry, children's ministry, missions, worship, etc

or

Is there one calling and different passions?

everyone is called and what we do with the call comes from the passion God has given us

I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter? Does it even matter. Is there such a thing as a full time or part time call?

Monday, September 28, 2009 Posted in | | 2 Comments »

One Responses to "What Do You Think?"

  1. Barbara says:

    I believe there are specific callings for those who ministry is their life work. My call was very specific to children. (Many middle and high school students should be thankful of that fact! ) And to accomplish that call, God uses those passions and personalities that He formed within us when we were born.

    But I also believe that we are all called to be part of the church, even if that's not our vocation. And where we choose to serve develops from passions, as well. Not to say we can't step in and fill a gap for a season when something is needed, even if it's not what we prefer to do. But if God creates us with unique personalities, why wouldn't He weave us into His plan using those traits?

  1. Adam Bowman says:

    I believe that we are called to specific lines of work. Thus I think the problem we have with some youth ministers; they were called to minister to adults, but they believe they think they must make their way up through the ranks so to speak. I feel blessed to be called to work with teenagers and know I beyond a shadow of a doubt this is what I was called to.