Something I struggle with on this blog is leadership lessons. Sometimes I just do not feel like I have anything to offer other leaders but here lately there is one thing that keeps ringing in my head. Why is it that as a leader, we think we have to do it all. That if we allow others to do anything that we are not a good leader.

I know that most of you know this and most of you are great leaders but this is something that I keep seeing leaders not walking out. This is something that I personally have struggled with through the years. The mindset that no one can do it as well as I can. That is about one of the most prideful and arrogant mindsets we could have. It shows our lack of trust in the people around us. Trust that they are capable doing the job, capable of handling with every is going on.

Most of the time we use the excuse of excellence. We say that we can not sacrifice the excellence of whatever we are working on. What we do not realize that even if the people we empower fail or struggle, it give us a chance to pour into their life more. It gives us another opportunity to teach them and to invest in them.

When we empower people we also free ourselves up to lead. To do what we are called to do. We we allow other people to walk in their call, we are also walking in our call. There is power in empowerment.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The Power Of Empowerment"