The more I am around people I am sure that we have investment issues. We are investing in the wrong things in life. I am sick of people measuring the value of their life by the clothes they have, the vehicle that they drive, the home they live in, and the things that they have. A person is not improved by material things and a person's value is not added to by worldly wealth. One thing that I find true is that a jerk is a jerk whether he/she drives a Cadillac, Lexus, or Kia. The character of someone is not improved by nice things.

Proverbs 1:19 (in the Message Bible), "When you grab all you can get, that's what happens: the more you get, the less you are."

I believe that when we invest in things that really do not matter then we devalue ourselves and show our own ignorance. I can not for the life of me figure out why we invest in things that we can not carry with us after we pass from this life. Why do we invest in temporary things:

  • Why do we invest in the Stock Market when it can crash?
  • Why do we invest in businesses when they go bankrupt?
  • Why do we invest in vehicles when they will breakdown and rust?
  • Why do we invest in homes when they lose value?
I am not saying it is a bad thing to invest in these things, but what I am saying is that they can not be our only investment. If material things are your only investment then you are making bad investments. Your investments need to be in people and in a cause that is bigger than yourself. Your investment needs to be in the Kingdom of God. When your investments are in those things, your investments are eternal and will last forever.

Monday, August 3, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Bad Investments"