My computer is jacked up so I have limited internet access and cannot update often. This will be my last blog from here in Bogota. Tomorrow is our free day and then we fly out early Saturday morning. I have had a blast and seen awesome things but I miss Paige and home and I am ready to be back.

Words cannot describe what I saw today. I saw things that you only see in movies. We ministered in the poorest part of Bogota. Families move here after they are run out of their villages by drug lords. Most of the kids in the community are already hooked on drugs and taught how to steal before they are taught how to read. Their houses are built out of whatever they can find. As we hiked, we had to walk through raw sewage and wait for cows to cross the road. This gave the whole team a HUGE reality check.

I had the privilege to speak at this outreach. I talked about the extraordinary love of God and how much He loves us. As I spoke, it was all I could do to control my emotions. As I closed in prayer, they got the better of me. As we closed out our last outreach, a lot of our students got really emotional. The weight of what was around them had become a reality. I am so grateful that God allowed our students to be apart of something so awesome.

This week we have done 9 outreaches, 19 school assemblies, and 3 services. 6 straight days of ministry have been very awesome. I will blog more when we get back. Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Last Blog From Bogota"

  1. Ralph Silvera says:

    WOW!


    Reading that last blog has touched my heart. I think that it is so good that you all went there to reach this nation. Just reading it, I couldn't help but get emotional. It makes me proud to know that there are young people that are pumped up for God. I am soo PROUD of Katie Johnson also!


    :D


    I hope one day I will be able to do something as great as what you all have done.