Today I got to sleep in a little.  I did not get up until around 7 a.m.  Probably one of the best nights sleep I had since I have been here.  I love breakfast time.  I get coffee.  It really is awesome coffee.


Today Colombia celebrates it's Independence Day.  We continued to work with a local church and do several outreaches in neighborhoods all over the city.  The last outreach was the best one yet.  Our team knocked it out of the park.  They were dead on with their skits, dramas, and testimonies.  There were over 100 kids at this park and tons of parents as well.  There was such an air of expectancy.  The kids were hanging on every word.  There was a little boy about 5 there with his Dad.  When the program started he was sitting in the back and no interacting at all.  Something about him caught my attention and I went and hung with him.  Once we started singing I brought him up front and danced with him (the thought of my dancing is very funny, I know).  By the end of the program he is dead in the middle of all the kids and his dad could not get him to leave.

I must be one of the biggest people these kids have seen.  The boys today asked was I the WWE Wrestler, "The Big Show."  And everyone wants a picture with the giant American.  It strange because people do not look at you in judgement here.  They greet you with a smile and most of the time with a hug.  They are so receptive.  I really wish I could understand what they were saying but they lose me after "hola."

Tonight we went and ate at a Mall here in Bogota.  A very nice Mall.  It was an extreme difference to where we have been ministering.  I realized tonight that for the last few days we have been ministering to the forgotten.  To the ones that Jesus would have hung out with if He were here.  It has made me question how many people I have forgotten in the States.  I can truly say that I am falling in love with a Nation.

Tomorrow we are doing School Assemblies all day.  I have been looking forward to this all week.  We have breakfast at 6:30 a.m. and then we are off.  Again, thank for the love and prayers.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Bogota 4 - Independence Day"