Today started earlier than yesterday. We had three services today and our first one started at 7 a.m. The services were really cool. They did a missions emphasis service. Our team sang a special, gave testimonies, and preached. Their worship was really cool. It was very energetic and very authentic. The church was so excited and received us with open arms.


I had the privilege to preach in the 9 a.m. service. I was scared to death. I have never spoke with a translator before and I have heard a ton of "lost in translation" stories. I think that it went well. There was a great response from the crowd. The church was full, there was not a seat left in the house. I talked about seeing the world through Jesus's eyes and loving people with His heart no matter where they are from or who they are. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that a boy from Adel, GA can stand on a stage and proclaim the gospel in Bogota, Colombia.

The only real stumble came with a balloon that popped and scared me while I am speaking. I almost broke camp and left the stage. The translator was really awesome and did a great job cleaning my message up. After service, I took pictures with a ton of people. That was really different for me.

We spent the afternoon at the Bible College training for our School Assemblies Tuesday and Wednesday. That is going to be a really awesome experience. We actually got back to the Hotel early. It is good to be able to relax a little. Thanks for all the prayers, love, and support. I am blown away.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Bogota 3 - Didn't Get Lost in Translation"