This week I need to take some time and vent. There are just some things that I need to get off my chest. Some things that are just really bugging me. Nothing major, just some perspective from where I have been hanging out lately.


#1 Emotional worship is just hype.

Some people believe if our emotions get involved in our worship or relationship with God that it is not authentic. Who do you think wired you emotionally? Who do you think gave you your emotions? If God created us and created us with our emotions, why then is it not okay to get emotional in the worship of our creator?

Okay, let's get a couple of things out of the way. In NO WAY do I think the only way to truly worship God is by getting emotional or passionate. Worship takes many shapes and many forms. Just because someone chooses to express their worship in a way that is different from yours does not make it wrong. It just makes you uncomfortable. Most of the time what we get "offended" with in the church are the things that we have been hurt with. How you choose to connect with God is between you and God.

Yes I am a part of a Pentecostal church and a Pentecostal Fellowship. Yes I know how weird and strange these people have been over the years (if you take offense to this, then you have been one of the weird ones). I know the failures and the hurt that these movements have brought. I know the elitist mentality that some have, thinking that they are the only ones that can hear from God and they are the only ones that worship correctly. On there behalf I apologize. I am truly sorry.

How can we say what is a right way, wrong way, or only way to worship and connect to God? Who are we? Who are we that can look at someone's outward expression towards a God that saved them and healed them and can truly gauge their heart. Do no be mistaken, emotional worship is not hype. It is worship.

Monday, May 18, 2009 Posted in | | 2 Comments »

One Responses to "What Ticks Me Off - part 1"

  1. Barbara says:

    Well, said!! (again, as always!)

  1. Stephanie says:

    Wooo. That'll preach. I agree...Well said. Very well said.