Eric is a very transparent person by nature and I am not. However, I want to put the counseling antics and the philosophical notions to the side and write this blog from my heart. There are several things I am realizing about myself and I hope this challenges you to evaluate yourself too.

Ambition--I am a very ambitious person by nature. I will do whatever necessary to attain my goals and I am usually not satisfied with status quo. This has never been a problem in my life until recently. I am trying to establish myself in my new career now that I have my M.Ed., but I am hitting several walls. At what point does ambition cause you to take matters in your own hands? I have realized that my ambition has blinded me to the open doors that God has waiting for me.

Tact--This has always been a work in progress for me. I am a "what comes up, comes out" kinda girl. Luckily, Eric has helped me temper this over time. However, some days it is hard to think before I speak and be careful of what I say. It is obviously easier to be painfully honest with people. I say I am a realist, but am I? Does blatant honesty really strengthen your relationships and speak life? Or does tact allow you more opportunities to be you, just better?

Authenticity--For those who know me best, they would probably say that I often "march to the beat of a different drum." I have always taken pride in being different from the rest. Standing out from the crowd has given me a deep sense of individuality and I have encouraged others to try it. When does authenticity stop coming with such a high price? Most days it is easier to just go with the flow than stand strong against the tide. As I am tired spiritually, physically, and emotionally, I find it hard to fight to be me. Is it okay to blend into the crowd for a while?

These are just some areas of my life that I am being challenged in. So now you know a little more about me, what are you willing to admit about yourself? I challenge you to take an inventory and see if there are areas God is cultivating new growth in you.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "You Must Not Know About Me"

  1. Unknown says:

    Great to be honest. Do we dare to be so open? Most of the time not. How refreshing to read of someone whom I have always admired. You are driven by your desire to accomplish everything you set your sites on. Is that so bad. All depends, if that is all we are aiming for. I know of no one who does not need to be examined from time to time. We all need to have maintenance examines. Probably will not have good reports all the time. But should be a challenging one.
    Thank you for being openly honest.
    Thanks for being there for Chels.
    Love
    Beth Thomas