Have you ever been listening to your favorite song on the radio out in the middle of nowhere and it happens. . . . . the station goes out of range and you feel aggravated and out of options? I have come to realize that life is alot like this scenario. When static creeps into your life, several things happen that cause confusion and doubt, which are not from God.

1. Static causes you to feel as though you have lost your connection. When the song is overcome by static, there is a deep sense of solitude, which leads to fear and alienation. God is not always found in the booming voice, but sometimes he is in the small whisper. He has been reminding me that static will come and go in my life, but it is only a fleeting distraction.

2. Static also leads to intense emotions. For me, it is usually aggravation followed by panic. I often find that music leads my life while I am driving. When static creeps in, I feel like I have nothing to concentrate on or help guide me to my destination. God is reminding me that stability and trust in him transcend all my emotions and fears.

3. Static makes you question your sense of direction and location. When static overtakes my radio station, I immediately begin to check the course I am on and follow up on my sense of direction. God is showing me that he is in total control of my life and regardless of what I see and hear in life, He is my guiding force. I have to pray everyday to completely trust in God and his direction for my life.

I want to challenge you to begin tuning out the static in your life, whatever or whoever that may be, and refocus on your Creator. What do you need to cut out of your life? Who do you need to stop allowing to speak negative into your life?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Static"