Galatians 6:7, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."  This is a principle that gets abused in the church.   People abuse the laws of sowing and reaping and treat God as a pimp.  They believe that if you give enough money then He will answer their prayers.  I just want to share some thoughts I have about sowing and reaping:
  • If I sow corn I do not expect squash to grow and if I sow tomatoes I not expect beans to sprout up.  Same is true in the spiritual world as well. 
  • A farmer does not plant in the winter or reap in the spring.  He understands that there are seasons and times to plant and then a season and a time to harvest. Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
  • Where I sow matters.  If I sow in hard dried out soil I do not expect anything.  If I expecting a large return on what I have sown then I need to sow in places that are the most fertile.  
  • Reaping takes just as much work.  We believe that sowing is the work and reaping is the benefit.  But a farmer understand that the crop just does not jump off the vine and run into the barn.  It takes work.  There is a process and if the workers neglect any of the process the harvest is ruined.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Sowing And Reaping"