Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of YOUR heart."

Was there something in life that you desired so deeply that you thought life would never be the same if you desire was not met? My desires have transitioned from superficial things to external things and events to a new dimension down deep in my soul. Getting caught up in life and a society that preaches "the American dream" has led me to question my desires and if God is really listening to me. The past few days, God has corrected me and challenged my way of thinking. I have always focused on receiving the desires of my heart, which has led me into a constant state of wanting.

The real focus should be on delighting myself in the Lord and becoming in tune with the heart beat of God. His desires are higher than my own. I have been trying to chart my own plan for life according to the world's standards of happiness and success. I have been missing out on an opportunity to dream, while wide awake, with my Creator. Each day is a new opportunity I plan to seize in not only delighting in God but also dreaming with Him . . . God has an amazing purpose for me and HIS plan for my life is more extraordinary than I could have dreamed alone.

What are your desires? Are you allowing God to give you His dreams for your life? What desires is He trying to give to you today?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Desires of the Heart"