Yesterday's inauguration made a mark in history that has elicited much attention. For me, I have begun to reflect on the issues as they affect my own life. Regardless of your opinions and your circumstances, there are always positives and negatives to be derived. The real question is, "what will this season mean for you?" I have blogged in the past about grief and changes in life as we have transitioned into the new chapter in our lives, but today I am pondering a new level or new season. In order for new growth to occur in spring, there must be a purging in winter. I have always begrudged winter because it is a rough season when the cold kills off nature and restricts our activities.

God has used failures and separation in my life to begin teaching me that my better days are ahead of me and not behind me. Without the purging during the winter, there would not be healthy growth in the spring. With life as tough as it is these days, what areas of your life is God trying to purge? What good things can you find in your current season?

I have started challenging myself every day to concentrate on the excitement of the better days that lay ahead. Living each day is tough, with all of its failures and disappointments, but anticipation, I believe, is an antecedent for fear and doubt. Embrace where you are and learn from this season and hold on because the best is yet to come.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "New Season"

  1. Anonymous says:

    i love your use of the word....antecedent. great blog