My Dad used to tell me, "If I would have known then, what I know now, I would have changed some things." I do not disagree with my Dad and I am not sure he really meant it. I am glad I can not go back and change anything. I am glad I did not know the outcome. I find myself glad when I face challenging times, glad to feel pain, glad to meet opposition. I might not like it at the time, but it is what makes me who I am today.


If I would have known, if I could have taken a glimpse into the future, I would not have had the adventures that I have. I would not be able to carry the battle scars on my heart like a trophy case. I would not know that above all else God trusts me. He trusts me to do the hard things, stand in the tough places.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "If I Would Have Known Then"