Have you ever stopped and wondered what you were doing or thinking a year ago? five years ago? yesterday? Maybe you have thought about people that have drifted into your life and others that have made a permanent mark on your life. Or maybe you regret letting go of some relationships or something tangible that could have altered your life. These are all questions that I have been asking myself and pondering over the past couple of weeks. A year ago, I would have never guessed how different my life would be today.

My father-in-law calls these reminiscent memories "back flashes." As I am nearing my 29th birthday (February 3rd in case you were wondering), I have begun to see how God started me at point A and how he has held my hand to point B. Some days I can even see how I am going to get to point C on this journey. There are people and things in my life that were temporary and this hurts me because a part of me is void. However, there are others that have drifted into my life that will be permanent fixtures and I could not live without them.

I am learning to allow my past to challenge how I engage my present as I dream the incomprehensible for the future. As the New Year is approaching and you are beginning to ponder your past, present and future, I urge you to savor the memories, make each new day count, and DREAM BIG for your future. Don't settle with life! You have no idea how tomorrow can alter your life, so never leave room for unanswered questions, regrets, or past opportunities. What will 2009 look like for you?

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Back Flash"