So far this week we have talked about throwing stuff away that we have acquired and did not need and not doing life alone. Today I want to end "Lessons From Moving" by talking about unpacking. We all, whether we want to admit it or not, compartmentalize our life. We have these boxes in our souls that we place certain things in. Family things go into this box, relationship things go into this box, church things go into this box, so forth and so on. There is one box that we usually have that we do not like to talk about: the "hurt" box. The box where we put all of our pains and bad experiences.

That is a box that we never open and we always ignore. That is a box we need to unpack the most. The longer you seem to ignore this box, the heavier it gets. We will call this our junk box, it has DO NOT OPEN written really big on the side of it. As we are on this journey called life, we get slowed down because our junk box gets heavier and heavier.

We are afraid that if we open it, we will have to relive all the hurt and pain that we went through before. We all believe in self-preservation of our emotions so oftentimes we just act like it is not there. The problem is when we keep ignoring it, it becomes so heavy we become stuck in one spot, paralyzed by our past failures and pain.

Today, I am going to go through my junk box in my soul. I am going to unpack some things that are weighing me down. Will it hurt? Yes. Will I like it? More than likely no. Do I have to? Yes, if I want to be who God has called me to be and do what God has called me to do.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Lessons From Moving - 3"

  1. Stephanie says:

    Wow. That's good stuff right there. Time to de-compartmentalize.