Last night while speaking in a Youth Service I did something really stupid.  It was unplanned and totally got in the moment, but I hope there was an impact made and students will remember it for a while.  I was talking about value and how valuable we are because of what God has done in our lives and what He has called us to do.  

I ask for a $1 dollar bill from someone in the audience and proceeded to ask it's value.  I crumpled it in my hand and asked it's value now.  It's value still remained.  I then threw it on the floor and stomped it.  Picked it up and asked it's value now.  It's value still remained.  Then the brain fart happened.  I took the money and wadded up in my mouth and started chewing on it and spit it out.  Do you know how filthy money is?  Do you know how many germs are on money?  I do and did it anyway.  The students went crazy.  I asked what was it's value now.  And even after it had be crumpled up, thrown down, stomped on, chewed up, and spit out, the $1 bill was still worth $1.

I wanted to get the point across that no matter what happens to you in life you still hold the same value to God.  Life has a way of stomping on you sometimes, it has a way of chewing you up and spitting you out.  That does not change your value.  Our circumstances never dictate our call.

What are you worth?

Thursday, September 11, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Value"