Do you remember your first car/truck? Some of you may not be old enough to drive yet, but I remember mine like it was yesterday. It was a 1987 Chevy S-10. It was cherry red, and had gold plated rims. That's not even the half of it. The springs were taken out of it to permanently make it a low-rider, and it was a 4-cylinder with a cracked piston wall, which made it a 3-cylinder that sounded like a diesel tractor. Although it had its issues, it was mine! No one could take that away from me. I washed that sucker everyday, even in the rain.

I was not only excited about it, I was passionate about it as well. Time rocked on and like anything else my passion and excitement starting fading. It was not long until we traded it in on a better truck. Upgraded! How could you have done that to your first vehicle, your first love in the car world? My excitement was replaced with thoughts of bigger and better. My passion died off and I was ready to move on.

As I recounted the memories in my mind, the Holy Spirit started convicting me. How many of us do the same thing with our relationship with God? How many of us are passionate out of the gate. Our excitement level is through the roof only to be replaced down the road with something else?

My challenge to you today is simple. Have you lost your passion and excitement with your relationship with Christ? Has it just become like anything else in your life? What do you need to do to re-prioritize your life? What has to happen for you to return to your first love? What price are you going to have to pay?

Revelation 2:4, "Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love."

Thursday, August 21, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "First Cars and First Loves"